The FotSJR provides education and outreach coordination on watershed projects with our partners.
- St. Joseph River Wetland Partnership - Establishing a bi-state Wetland Coalition and media campaign to increase and prioritize wetland restoration and protection efforts in the St. Joseph River Watershed. This project is currently in progress.
- Reducing the Impacts of Road Stream Crossings & Dams in the St. Joseph River Watershed - Assisted the Potawatomi RC&D in gathering local information about fish migration barriers and hosted a workshop on the results of the prioritization process. An inventory of large barriers (i.e. dams) has been completed for the entire watershed. The final report is meant to provide guidance and justification for the funding of barrier removal projects and passage studies by local partners. The final report for the St. Joseph River Watershed Fish Migration Barrier Inventory and the workshop presentations are available.
- Hodunk-Messenger Chain of Lakes Watershed Implementation Project - Assisting the Branch County Conservation District with stream monitoring.
- Pigeon Creek Watershed Implementation Project - Stueben County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Implementing Agricultural BMPs in the South Branch of the Paw Paw River - The Village of Paw Paw